Google Labs: useful features for physicians and scientists
Special features I like and use frequently in Google:
- Timeline View (an example for medicine)
- Maps of conferences (bioinformatics conferences in the US:)
- Web history: I always lose some of my links and searches, so it’s incredibly helpful.
- Google Alert: I get an e-mail everytime a new genetic blog is created somewhere around the world. We have to be up-to-date on our field.
- Google Scholar: it’s far not as good as PubMed, but definitely different (it sorts the articles differently: how often the piece has been cited in other scholarly literature)
- Google Suggest: I use it in case the original searches are useless as it will offer suggestions to search better.
Check out Google Labs for more!