Modern Education: Mind Maps and Second Life
You know well how much I’m interested in the improvements of medical education. I really believe that we can train better doctors if the education becomes more comprehensive and modern. Web 2.0 could be useful in that process. In the last few days, I’ve been chatting with Ves Dimov (from ClinicalCases.org) about one of his recent projects: creating mind maps for medical education.
Bubbl.us is a simple and free web application that lets you brainstorm online.
He told me that he used a 3-pronged approach to studying:
It helped him to score higher than 90-95% on almost all of his exams during medical school and residency. A great idea again from Ves, the pioneer of Medicine 2.0.
Here are some other ideas, sites about modern educational methods, views, resources:
- Web 2.0 and the 3D Web (Virtual Worlds and Second Life): check out the top educational locations in Second Life
- Unreal Meetings: virtual conference rooms
- A long and valuable list of Medical Teaching Resources Online at Medical Education Blog
How could we improve medical education? Tell us your opinion!
- Top 10: Virtual Medical Sites in Second Life!
- 10 Tips for How to Use Web 2.0 in Medicine
- Google Labs: useful features for physicians and scientists
- Take Part in Constructing the Future of Medical Education: Join the Virtual Medical Center
Update: Check out the comments because Vic Gee provided a fantastic list of mind map tools and services! Kudos to Vic!