Sites of Medical/Scientific Videos: The List
As the September 10th session of SciFoo lives on in Second Life will be about sites of scientific videos, here is a list of the most famous and useful scientific video providing sites:
- SciVee.tv: created for scientists, by scientists, moves science beyond the printed word and lecture theater taking advantage of the internet as a communication medium where scientists young and old have a place and a voice.
- JoVE: an online research journal employing visualization to increase reproducibility and transparency in biological sciences.
- Bioscreencast: a team of scientists and engineers who got together to create a website specifically for the scientific community to share screencasts (audio/video capture of software running on your computer screen).
- Videojug: hosts one of the world’s largest, most all-encompassing libraries of factual content online.
- DNATube: a scientific research site providing video based studies, lecturers and seminars.
- WeShow: Selecting and organizing the greatest videos worldwide for your entertainment (Science and Health channel).
- ScienceHack: a unique video search engine for science videos where every video is screened and approved based on accuracy and quality by scientists.
- Videolectures: free video lectures from the world’s leading and prominent scientists (Science Channel).
If you happen to know more scientific video oriented sites, please let us know! Let’s build a comprehensive and useful list!
Update from the comments:
- Freevidelectures.com (Medicine): You can download medical lectures or listen to podcasts of a wide range of topics.
- Ask Dr Wiki (Angiograms): a nonprofit educational web site made by physicians for physicians, medical students, and healthcare providers.
- Freely available medicine video lectures (via Free Science and Video Lectures Online): a unique blog dedicated to free online science videos.
- An other fantastic collection at ElementList.com.
- Labaction: LabAction makes efforts to provide the biology community with the latest videos/movies/information on science experiments, science projects, human genetics, biotechnology, current biology news and much more. LabAction is a community driven free resource for the information on biotechnology, cloning, human genetics, genetic disorders, stem cell research and marine biology.
- IcYou: A site dedicated to making it simple for anyone to find, upload, watch and share healthcare videos worldwide. icyou.com invites people to upload and share their healthcare stories online.
- eMedTV: The site’s impressive library of original health educations videos – the largest available on the Web today – is combined with eMedTV’s growing collection of more than 16,000 easy-to-understand print articles covering more than 2,000 health topics. In turn, eMedTV helps its users not only better understand their health, but also play a more active role in planning their healthcare with their physician.
- MedicalVideos.us: A great collection of medical educational videos.
- LearnersTV.com: A comprehensive site providing free video lectures, Animations, LiveOnline Tests, Audio lectures, ebook download links etc in the fields of Biology, Physics,Chemistry,Mathematics,Computer Science,Engineering,Medicine etc… This site provides free video/audio lectures of whole courses conducted by faculty from reputed universities around the world.
- Sciencentral: It produces news videos on science research every week, which appears on American local TV news, and the web site. Here is the Youtube feed.
- Medi-Vision: The Medi-Vision™ Film Series aims to teach good clinical practice through expert case demonstrations on film; second to patient-side experience, we think this is the best way to become a better doctor. We keep the focus of our DVDs on observation, interaction and assessment skills and especially on history-taking, physical signs and the appropriate use of tests.
- Easy Medicine Videos: An online portal containing tenth of thousands of videos in all fields of medicine which are collected for you from all the online sources of videos to make it easy for Doctors, Nurses, medical students and all other health care professionals to find their needs of medical and surgical videos.
- The Doctor’s Channel: a Web site that allows doctors to learn from each other at their convenience. The time-saving site includes short one- to two-minute streaming video clips designed to get to the point, with insights and opinions from experts in 35 different specialties, as well as community and lifestyle features that help doctors stay on top of the latest news, ideas and information.
- Meddio: Programs are designed for medical professionals, patients, caregivers, and people who are just plain interested in learning about the key medical topics affecting all of us. Medical professionals can earn free continuing education credits by viewing in-depth interviews with their colleagues while patients and caregivers can learn more about the specific areas that impact them through engaging video segments featuring medical experts and their patients.
- DAVE Project: The DAVE Project, an acronym for the Digital Atlas of Video Education, is a collection of teaching tools.
- Eyetube: Eyetube is a web site created by a panel of experts to better educate ophthalmologists through the online archiving and sharing of videos.
- SurgyTec: easily find videos and slideshows relevant to your specialism and interest.
- Veezyon: Veezyon offers knowledge-based content from trusted partners and research tools designed to enhance your learning experience. We partner with leading universities, scientific research, art and music institutions to provide you trusted content under four main categories.
- WebMed Technology: We are very proud to introduce these videos as an aid to anyone that may need to refresh their knowledge in these particular areas. Please check back frequently as our video library will continue to grow. Please be advised that these are actual procedures and may be too graphic for some viewers.
- VideoMD: VideoMD was created by physicians, for physicians and their patients. Our mission is to strengthen the relationship between doctors and their patients.
- VuMedi is a surgeon-only video sharing website where you can view, upload, and discuss surgical videos.
- EchoJournal: an echocardiography video sharing community.
- eClinic, a video directory for physicians and medical questions.