Web 2.0 Resources for Patients Dealing with Diabetes
Let’s see what you can do if you’re dealing with diabetes and you would like to find information, support or just comments about this condition on the web.
Read Blogs: You can read all the important news, announcements if you follow some blogs written of diabetes or written by patients with diabetes. Here are some examples:
- Six Until Me: Check out the Behind the Scene Scienceroll interview with the author, Kerri Morrone.
- Diabetes Mine: A gold mine of straight talk and encouragement for people living with diabetes.
- Chrissie’s Diabetes Blog: “T1 diagnosed October 1962 at the age of 10. Pumping since Sep 2004…”
- Blogabetes: The number one source that empowers millions of diabetes patients and those who care for them to live well with diabetes. (Scienceroll post)
Follow Blog Carnivals:A blog carnival makes it easier to track your field of interest as you can find the best articles about diabetes in one place.
Use Community Sites:
- SugarStats.com: Users can track their insulin intake, for example.
- TuDiabetes.com: A useful service with which you can manage your diabetes online. (Scienceroll post)
Try to Have Some Fun!
- LOL Diabetes is an excellent resource of funny, diabetes-related posts, images and videos. Check out the diabetes man:
Please leave us a comment in case you know more useful resources about diabetes!
Update: Don’t forget to check out the National Diabetes Education Initiative!