What’s on the web? (1 December 2007)
- Nodalpointless: What’s the point of blogging? (Nodalpoint): “Let’s face it, most leading scientists are too damn busy to pay much attention to the blogosphere, especially when it descends (as it frequently does) into “uncontrollable verbal discharge”.”
- Virtual Office Visits: A Reachable and Reimbursable Innovation (Family Practice Management):
Virtual office visits are simply doctor-patient interactions that occur via e-mail or through a Web-based portal. They offer patients an alternative way to communicate with their doctors regarding health issues that do not require face-to-face contact, such as simple urinary tract infections, upper respiratory infections or routine follow-up of chronic diseases.
- What is Health 2.0 / Medicine 2.0? (Frankie Speaking Frankly): Great definitions of medicine 2.0 and health 2.0.
- Medicine 2.0: Online peer review? Facebook for physicians? (MaRS): More and more sites, blogs feature the medicine 2.0 movement and our Medicine 2.0 blog carnival.
- E-books and the young doctor on the go (TeleRead): Dr. Karina Descartin’s new contribution about medicine 2.0.