Personalized Genetics: The last words in 2007
I promise these will be the last words about personalized genetics thiy year. The “hypest” topic of 2007 was individualized medicine, no doubt about it.
When I first read the announcement of 23andMe, I wanted to use their service, but as a European, it’s still impossible. So here are others who have recently recieved their results.
- Personal Genome Results from 23andMe and deCODEme (Eye on DNA)
- Everything you need to last you two lifetimes (Free Association)
Have you been thinking about the medical breakthroughs of the year? Well, Science described some of them:
Individualized medicine has serious scientific aspects:
- Personalized molecular medicine may revolutionize treatment of genetic disorders
- Implications of Personalized Medicine for Research
And let’s finish the year with reviews of 2 services:
- myDNAchoice – Are Your Surfing Habits the Result of Your Genome? (The Genetic Genealogist):
- Welcome to Helix Health. (The Gene Sherpa)