Healthocrates: building a medical library
A new wiki-based medical site, Healthocrates, is looking for content contributors to build a medical library. The site contains about 5,000 pages today.
Healthocrates is a free online medical encyclopedia project. Healthocrates is written collaboratively by volunteers from all around the world. With some exceptions, its articles can be edited by anyone with access to the Internet, simply by clicking the edit this page link. The name Wikipedia is a portmanteau of the words wiki (a type of collaborative website) and encyclopedia. Since its creation in 2007, Healthocrates has grown rapidly into one of the largest reference Web sites.
- Videos can be embedded.
- Contributors are clearly listed in the articles.
- The talk page is called forum.
- The sections of the articles (symptoms, treatment, etc.) are separated pages.
- The articles are not really encyclopaedic ones.
Visit the code of conduct for more information.
- Medicine in Wikipedia: Reliable Information?
- WikiProfessional Alpha Testing: a wiki of web 3.0
- Radiopaedia: a wiki for radiology
- Ask Dr Wiki vs medicine in Wikipedia
- Medical wikis: the future of medicine?
- Medicine in Wikipedia and Citizendum
- Improvements in Ask Dr Wiki
- Genetic Wikis
- SNPedia: DNA variations everywhere