Medical Slang: Bury the Hatchet, Freud Squad and Hasselhoff!
Wikipedia has a great list of terms of medical slang. I just wanted to highlight a few of these to make you laugh…
- Bury the Hatchet – accidentally leaving a surgical instrument inside a patient
- Freud Squad – the psychiatry department
- Hasselhoff – a term for any patient who shows up in the emergency room with an injury for which there is a bizarre explanation.
- TEETH – tried everything else, try homeopathy
- UBI – “Unexplained Beer Injury”
Do you know more?