Why do I like Google+ even in Medicine?
I’ve been playing around Google+ for the last couple of days and I have to admit it I really love it. Why? I’ve been using Facebook as a source of professional information but I have to add those people I like to follow as friends even if in most cases we are not friends. A few reasons why I use Google+ now for this purpose.
- In Google+, we can easily create circles and start following people who we are not friends with.
- It’s easy to determine who can see the information I share (everyone, only circles, only people in my contact list)
- All Google tools are integrated.
- I can search for people with specific words in their biographies through Google.
- I can use Spark for following expressions.
- It might make it simpler to create private circles so then medical communication can take place.
- I can see the notifications even in GMail or GDocs.
This is a real professional networking site, while Facebook is just a playground for friends.
For more details and tricks, here is the Complete Google Plus Cheat Sheet infographics.