FutureMed Day 1: NASA, team building and Peter Diamandis
FutureMed is an amazing course about the future of medicine and current global trends. The first day was about registration, a tour on the NASA campus (with a look into how Vasper works) and team building. This if the first course I have ever attended in which the participants bring at least such a value to the event as the program itself. Great minds with huge ideas met there.
Here area few snippets of what happened and some main concepts I heard about.
- We live in the era of reimbursement based medicine instead of evidence based medicine.
- Scanadu sends your smartphone to medical school.
- We are the first generation that will see people leaving the planet forever (to Mars).
- We are the first generation that expects to have Wi-Fi everywhere.
- The world is not as bad as the media describes it, but negative news have more power due to evolutionary reasons (Diamandis).
- Internet penetrance will get to 66% in about 10 years which means 3 billion new minds will connect to the Internet soon bringing new ideas and new customer needs.
- John Abele said that the Arab spring is coming to healthcare as well.
Here is why it is a good solution for team building:
I’ll post soon about day 2 featuring 3D printing, medical robots and data driven healthcare.