Social Media in Clinical Practice: Chapter 3, Being Up-to-Date in Medicine
When I realized Springer made the individual chapters of my book, Social Media in Clinical Practice, available, I thought it would be useful for future readers to get some insights about each chapter one by one.
Here is the short summary of what you can read about and an excerpt of the third chapter, Being Up-to-Date in Medicine:
Being up-to-date is crucial in medicine as the amount of information available in any specialties is skyrocketing. This information pollution is causing a major and constantly growing challenge for medical professionals as well.
- Using RSS
- The most commonly used icon of RSS
- How to Subscribe to an RSS Feed: Step by step
- Creating RSS Feed for Your Own Digital Channels
- Tracking Medical News, Websites and Social Media Resources
- Creating Automated Search Alerts
- Receiving Automatic Alerts of New Citations of Biomedical and Scientific Papers
Chapters that have already been covered: