As I mentioned before, I manage the social media presence of the biggest and most popular Hungarian Health portal, HáziPatika.com, and we have been working hard on a project that is just about to launch. On the 29th of September, between 16:00 and 18:00 Central European Time, two cardiologists will answer the questions of patients in the virtual world of Visuland.com. They will be able to enter the virtual realm through this link. Basically we wanted to give readers and patients a chance to ask questions, meet specialists, meet fellow patients in a 3D environment that is very easy to handle. It might create a brand new feeling of belonging to a community where you can do everything except a real handshake. I hope they will like it!
A video about Visuland.com:
A video about how you can enter the virtual world:
I will certainly write here about the experience and the whole event. Stay tuned for more!
I’ve been organizing scientific events and medical conferences in the virtual realm of Second Life for years. Though it has some serious limitations.
- If you don’t have IT experience, it will be quite hard to download and install it.
- Costs a lot if you want to upload content.
- Creating slideshows is a complicated and long process.
In the last couple of months, I’ve been a consultant for a Hungarian team that developed Visuland which should be a perfect alternative for Second Life:
- Takes about 20-30 seconds to enter: You come up with the idea to organize an event and send the specific links to the potential attendants. They click on the link and get into your conference room in 20-30 seconds.
- No need of installation and registration
- Real-time voice communication
- Real time video-streaming on virtual screens (you can stream your presentation plus your face via webcam at the same time)
- Efficient presentation tool -> conferences, workshops, meetings
- Editable posters and textures -> personalized rooms, advertisements
- Any website, blog, forum can easily create its own virtual place
- Public and private chat, transcript can be saved
- Zero cost for not commercial users
Take a look at it yourself and see how fast you can enter Visuland. It has one major limitation, it only runs on Windows but will run on Macintosh as well in a few months.